Saturday, April 5, 2014

MEMORIES

Yesterday we buried another member of our family.   She was a niece on my side of the family and only 8 years younger than I am.   I did not know her children very well.   We moved to Tennessee while they were still young.   Her two living sisters and several other nieces and nephews were at the service.

This morning my daughter had a picture of several of the nieces and nephews on Face Book and the memories have been flooding in every since.

Some twenty years ago we lost the first grandchild on my side of the family.   He was just a neat kid and grew to be a pretty neat man too.   These two danced together for many years and my mother and I would come to Peoria every year to see their performance.

They were two of the funniest kids you'd ever want to know.   Well, I've had a few funny kids of my own by now but I thought these two were special when I was growing up.

I won't bore you with all my memories but I would encourage anyone that has a big family and have lost the parents to try and get together.   I'm hoping this summer we can arrange to have a family reunion of the ones left.   We have lost 5 of this generation and that's too many not to realize we need to keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment