Sunday, September 14, 2014

Memories

This morning I was reading my Sunday School lesson when I saw a post on the back of the book by an author I was privileged to meet one time.   I was working at a Publishing House at the time and she had several books we published for her.   She was the mother of seven children.   Her husband was a Dr. and they decided to show their children how to live OFF THE LAND. 

They butchered their own meat and grew most of their own vegetables and ALL their children had to help.   There were stories of them driving tractors, bringing animals into the barn in winter weather, a funny, funny story about them butchering a cow one time. 

I LOVED her writing.  It was always funny but also always had a message.  She would write a short story about one of the children and you always laughed while reading it, sometimes cried, but you ALWAYS came away thinking about the message she left you with.

I have not read any of her books in awhile.   Maybe time to search Amazon.com for some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment