Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pull or Fix?

I've had a tooth ache for a few days now, well, really about a week.  I kept thinking maybe it would go away.   HA, fat chance of that.

Finally called my dentist and went in yesterday.  

Those of you that know me know I'd rather have an operation on my body than anything serious in my mouth.   Cleaning teeth is my limit before I go into "OVER REACTION" mode.

He took X-Rays and the verdict is either  a root canal (which at 76 tender years I have never had) or pull it.  I'd much prefer to pull it and get it over with but every indication is to keep your teeth as long as you can.

Now, I ask, how long is long enough?   I'm 76.  How many more years do I need these big ugly back teeth of mine?   I don't eat steak very often, ice cream doesn't need those back teeth at all, and I could get it all over with  quickly and sleep much better.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh..I had a root canal a few years ago. What a horrid way to spend both money and time.

    ReplyDelete