Sunday, July 10, 2011

ANTICIPATION

This coming week is going to be VERY BUSY and WONDERFUL.  I am so excited about this family gathering next Saturday.

We are celebrating several birthday's and a reunion of all of Jim's children and grandchildren with ours for the very first time.  

I'll be making a salad or two, some cookies, maybe a peach pie if I get "aroundtuit" and worrying about the families driving long distances to attend.   That's what mother's and grandmother's do.

When you reach the tender age of 75 and 80 these are the things in life that are important - family.  We have no more babies in the families.  A couple of 2 year olds and two boy cousins I cannot wait to see together and both of them have red headed daughters that look enough alike to be sisters in pictures.  

I doubt I'll be able to find the words after this reunion to express how I really feel inside.   I do remember when Meagan was tiny and we would go visit I'd always tell friends "my cup runneth over" after I had seen her.      I have a feeling my cup is going to flood this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment