Thursday, July 7, 2011

SUMMER TIME

There's an old song "Summer Time and The Livin Is Easy"   That's the way this week has been.

We have more darned cucumbers than I can keep up with, now we are getting zucchini too.   Peaches are so abundant in the stores and roadside stands, and tomatoes are teasing us with a ripe one every other day or so.

Getting ready for our big party and can't wait till everyone gets here.   It's going to be wild, fun, and a little crazy.    Some cookies are already baked and frozen.   More to be baked in the coming days.  AND...if I get real energetic I may just make some peach pies but that's not certain yet.   Jim is hoping I will, Ted hopes I decide to keep the two I have in the freezer here for him.    Dear me.   What to do. 

My flowers are dwindling except for the tall phlox and they will still be blooming when we leave in the fall.  I LOVE those flowers.   They last much longer than any others I have in our yard.   My next yard may have more of them. 

We've had nice summer showers all week and the yard is yerning to be cut.  

So...summer time is here.   No denying it when you look at the thermometer.  In the high 80's and 90's all week.    But...our house is dry, no forest fires here and we are anticipating a wonderfully fun time next week.      (I know, that is probably not correct English, but it's the truth)

No comments:

Post a Comment