Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I WISH

Every now and then I WISH I could go back to when I was younger.   I'm usually pretty content with where I am in life and what I do with it.   But...now and then I WISH I could go back a few years.

Today is one of those.   It was 20 years ago when we left for Alaska.   I would very much like to go back to that time in my life.

We left on June 27th and it took us a couple of days to get out of the lower 48 but we were on our way.   It was a great trip.   We had wonderful weather for the most part, very few problems and loved Alaska.   I still love Alaska.  

We drove our Corsica and pulled the neatest little camper.  We could set that camper up in about 10 minutes and slept in it all but about five nights of the whole trip.  

If you have never driven the Alaskian Highway it's hard to describe.   Some of it is just the most beautiful sights you will ever see, some of it is lonley and away from all of civilization.   There are favorite spots, like Laird hot springs where we spent a couple of nights, the Canadian Rockies that are breath taking.   Seeing a glacier up close for the very first time.   Laird Hot Springs is in a provencial park, like our state parks.   No electricity and clean and isolated.   But close by are these wonderful hot springs.   It was the only way we could keep warm.   We had a chipmonk get into our map bag while it sat on the picnic table and we played peek-a-boo awhile.  

We have had some really great trips in our retirement and Alaska was one of the best.   The other one that will probably not ever be topped was our trip to Ecuador.   It's been a great 20 years.  

Just a little nostalgia here today.   Good memories of some wonderful times.

No comments:

Post a Comment