Monday, June 27, 2011

PIE ANYONE?

No, I'm not making pies for our party or giving away free pie to just anyone that stops by.  BUT...I was looking through some old magazines my neighbor gave me and there's a page about a lady that makes THE VERY BEST PIES - according to her.

She has a blog "theworldneedsmorepie.com" so of course I pulled it up this morning.   She's also on FB but I didn't get into that much.

ANYWAY...she has this blog and it's pretty interesting.   She lives in Iowa and we all know they do some weird things there.    :)

One time I was watching the Travel channel and they were at the Iowa State Fair where they actually had a COW CHIP tossing event.  I thought they were joking but, no, they really did.

This lady doesn't update her blog very often but I thought it was kind of different and some of you may want to check it out yourselves.    I don't think I want to go play Bingo in Iowa.   You pay $10 to play and if a cow dumps on your square you win $250.   With my luck I know what I'd end up with - an empty pocket and someone elses pile to smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment