Wednesday, March 2, 2011

TELEMARKETER

Well, a lot has been happening.   Nothing outstanding but today I got a good laugh from a phone call.

Anyone that knows me knows I do not like TELEMARKETERS.   I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THEM.  Sometimes they have no idea who they are calling, much less what they are calling about.    They usually give themselves away by asking if this is "Ellen TINGSLEY" and of course I know right away they want money.

One time Connie had one call her on a Sunday afternoon and she was so sweet.    When she finished I told her she needed a lesson from her mother on how to handle them.    She very quietly said, "Mom, they are working".     She was right.

I think of that often and try to be nicer but usually the IRISH blood just gurgles out of me before I know what happend.

HOWEVER, today I had a call and this voice said, "Elaine Tingley?"    "No", I said.    The voice said, "This isn't Elaine Tingley?"     "No", I said.   Poor guy said, "Well, I must have the wrong number."   I said I guessed he did and hung up.     I laughed for a good 5 minutes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment