Monday, November 8, 2010

LAZY WEEK-END

This week-end was good but I was about as lazy as I've been in awhile.

Saturday we did our usual cleaning and laundry.   A run to the post office to get a birthday card off to Jordan and back to a quick lunch. 

I laid down on the sofa to watch some football and ended up sleeping for an hour.   Knew Ted put his jacket on and left but did not hear him come in.   Finally got myself up off the sofa and took a short walk to get a couple of pictures.

Yesterday was church and I get home at 10 so after I read the paper I laid down again and slept for about 30 minutes.    When I woke up I didn't know where I was or even WHO I was for a minute.   Wish I could sleep that sound at night.

About 12:30 I started making pies.   First was a Pecan pie and after having Ted ran all over St. Mary Parish for a can of Carnation milk we got a  Pumpkin pie in the oven.   About 5 O'clock everyone in the dorm here met in the lounge and stuffed our little faces with pie and Cool Whip.   YUM   YUM   YUM

So...it's off to work we go this morning.   HUGE bunch of volunteers here this week.   They had to have the welcoming meeting in the Chapel as the usual room wasn't big enough.

I might not even get out of bed next week-end.    :)

4 comments:

  1. Making all those pies isn't very lazy! But I'm sure you needed a rest, and I'm glad you got one. Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen,

    We LOVE being here but I think maybe next year will be my last one. Just have to admit I'm getting too old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lazy weekend sounds heavenly! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I deserve it but it sure did help. The next two weeks we have no volunteers here. Next week is the Disaster Training Academy with about 85 on campus but they are ministers from all over the U.S. and will be in class. BUT...EVERYONE of them has a lap top so getting on here is a challange. WOE IS ME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete