Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SURPRISE

Yesterday I waited awhile to help get things organized for registration, then learned that the gal I'd be working with was sick and sleeping late.

At about 9:30 I heard her voice in the hall and she said she wouldn't need me till about 3.   So I headed for the sewing room.

I had several things to do but worked on getting old towels they send here to use washed for various places and sewing on a special project for our Director.

I went to the Depot floor to find a box for some of the towels and by golly as I turned a corner there on a FORK LIFT was Ted.   

He got his license to drive one a year or so ago but would never tell anyone here.   Guess he finally did and since there were NO volunteers here yesterday and no one else to drive one he took the reins.  

I was proud of him when he got his license because this is no small machine to drive.   Most men his age wouldn't even bother trying to learn someting new like that.   BUT...yesterday when I saw him actually drive it I was even more proud because he was actually doing it and glad he might not have to walk on that cement floor ALL the time we are here now.

Since I still cannot get pictures on here you'll have to check FB for pictures - LATER IN THE WEEK.

It's a zoo here on campus right now.

1 comment: