Monday, December 20, 2010

Bittersweet Day

Today started out very chilly, well downright cold for us southerners but I realize 19 isn't cold for you in the NAWTH.

But...about 11 o'clock it warmed up to about 45 and Ted decided to get rid of the leaves in the yard by mowing.  It looked pretty darned good when he got done too.   I even went out and took a nice walk.   Met a couple of my neighbors out in various areas of the sub-division and visited a bit.

And during all this time I kept thinking of my dear friend, Grace, who has been laying in a hospital bed for over three years unable to get up and can only move her left hand and head.    Grace was in the Prayer Shawl Ministry I started 4 1/2 yras ago at church and never came to a meeting with less than three shawls.

I went to see her when we got back and she was always glad to see me and I could hardly get uncurled from a hug.   But last week I bent over her bed and tried to give her a hug and she asked me not to touch her it hurt so.   She began to cry and said she hurt ALL OVER and finally asked if I would please leave.   I felt so bad for her and hated to leave her alone but did find a nurse before I left and asked her to look in on Grace.

She is now in the hands of Hospice and her family is waiting for her to make her transition out of this life.   I hurt for them so and hope this comes soon.   She is a wonderful person and was a really good friend and we are all going to miss her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment