Friday, December 3, 2010

MIXED EMOTIONS

TGIF.   Yes, it's Friday and I'm glad, yet part of me doesn't want to end this trip.   It's been a trying one with my back and not sleeping well but also a GOOD one.

I've met some wonderful people, some challenging ones, some that just drove me to the edge but all in all I still love this place.

This week I had just the craziest bunch of women in the sewing room and have shared some of the stories with you.  Last night at Vespers the lady I referred to in the New York blog gave our meditation.   She is not a minister or a lay leader but she sure can speak and everyone there loved her.

She talked about all the 18,000 school bags shipped to Sudan and how wonderful that was but she then talked about all the people that bought the supplies and the people that made the bags and the people that delivered them here and the trucker taking them to the ship and how all of us are connected to the recipients. AND...how much God is involved in this process.

The minister that blessed the elements talked to us about how we have gathered here from all over the U.S. at the beginning of the week.   We had people from Texas, Arkansas, and even Maine.   That group impressed me a lot.   But she said we came from all over the country, from all walks of life and we learned in one week to live together, eat together, work together, play together, and even pray together.  

I emailed someone afterwards and when telling them about being at Vespers I felt that my Cup Runneth Over.  It was a very meaningful service.

So...this week is over and a week from today we will be on our way home and I will be happy, but also have a very empty spot in my heart.   Part of me ALWAYS stays at UMCOR Sager Brown.

1 comment: