Sunday, December 12, 2010

COLD HOUSE

Last night about 9 p.m. Ted told me the furnace was not running.   I was snug in my bed with my rice bag reading a fairly good book but made myself come out acting like I could help.   HA

We finally figured out that the fan on the furnacewasn't working.   We called one electrician but had to leave a message.   Then the phone rang and a neighbor had seen Ted out looking at the unit and asked what was wrong.    They offered a space heater but we bought one of the electric fireplaces 2 years ago so it was helping. He gave Ted the name of another guy to call.    We turned all the ceiling fans on and the house stayed at 69 to 70 degrees.  

This morning I made oatmeal and then decided I was still going to go to church and it would be fixed by the time I got home.

Half way through church it began to snow like the last snow on earth and I chickened out and left the service.  I had to make a couple of stops and by the time I started home it had quit and I wished I'd stayed in church.    BUT...when I got home the ground was covered and the deck is now fully covered and it's still snowing. 

I had put a roast in the crock pot but we opted to cook it in the oven to help heat the kitchen.   We are fine, just a little disgusted that the two electricians Ted called have not at least called us back.   Ted's brother, Merle, was an electrician and I know he worked 24 hours several times to keep people warm.

Hope you in the Nawth are not iced in.   

2 comments: