Monday, December 6, 2010

Churches Farewell

Yesterday was my last visit at this little church I attend while here.   I go there because I love it, I love the way they worship God, the lady I work for goes there and several of the volunteers go there and I can walk there.

I knew yesterday was my last day but that has happened before with no fanfare.   BUT...yesterday at the end of the service a lady that grew up here in Baldwin and went to school here on this very campus when it was a school came out, stopped beside me and said, "Come on" and held out her hand.    I really didn't want to go but she was not to be stopped from her mission.

To tell you the truth I never thought she even knew I was there.   But...this lady took me up to the front of the church and the minister introduced me and goodness, the things they said about me were unbelievable.   I wish I could live up to them.   Then they blessed me and the work I do.   Well, those of you that know me know Good-byes are hard for me and this was no different.   In fact, I think it was harder because I don't feel like what we do here is so special. 

Then another lady came around when we Passed The Peace and she sat down beside me and said, "WHERE you goin girl?"     She is the brother of the man Ted works for and I LOVE to hear her sing and she put her arm around me and said she'd be thinking of me till we came back.

So...I may not leave part of me here but I KNOW I'll take a part of this community with me when we leave Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment