Monday, December 13, 2010

Decorations and a Walking Shell

Today we got up and cleaned up the house from getting home.  Put a few things away that were sitting out and got our Christmas tree out.   It was COLD this morning and neither one of us wanted to venture out and it was a good day to decorate.

When we got done the house looked like Christmas and I had a couple of good ideas for Christmas gifts and got excited about that.

One of the things I did was clean up some shells we had picked up down in Biloxi.   You remember one had a little animal in it and I tossed it back in the water.

While we were decorating the front room we heard a weird noise in the kitchen.   I went to see what fell and one of the shells was off the counter about a foot from the rest of them.   I couldn't figure out how it got over there but - what the heck, I picked it up and laid it back on the paper towel they had been drying on.

About a half hour later we were eating and heard a noise on the kitchen counter and there was one of those shells moving across the counter.   Man, I nearly flipped.   That little sucker had lived inside that shell in our truck for over 2 weeks and been in the kitchen inside a paper cup and plastic bag since we got home Friday evening.  

The house still looks nice and he is nestled safely in the garage garbage can thanks to Ted.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...I cannot believe it survived that long in such dry conditions! Poor thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete