Monday, December 13, 2010

SNOW

Yesterday we had a snow forecast and for those of you that do no know it,  Tennessee goes into Psych Ward when snow is forecast.   Man, the weathermen play it up big time and even admit maybe 1" of snow is possible.  

I decided it wasn't going to do anything till after lunch so ventured out to church since our furnace wasn't working and there was only room for one of us to huddle around our little electric fireplace and figured I might as well be warm in church.

BUT...half way through church it began to snow like crazy and I checkened out and left.   Then it quit, of course, but I still had some things to do.

When I got home it had snowed more here but had stopped.   The T.V. was still blarring away about the BIG snow coming.

It snowed all afternoon, sometimes really hard and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't building up.   About 4 p.m. it REALLY began in earnest and we have a little over an inch on our deck and the roads are covered.   AND...it's still snowing some.   Needless to say the kids in TN will be home for a day or two and I guess the roads are pretty slick due to some icing conditions.

We are comfy in our warm little house since the furnace is running ALL THE TIME now and the thermometer says 13 degrees above zero.

Even I have to admit the snow is pretty - TODAY.    Tomorrow I'll be ready to read seed catalogs and get ready to plant garden.     HA   HA   HA   HA

No comments:

Post a Comment