Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dreams Drive Me Nuts

For a long time now I dream that Connie and Mark are LITTLE KIDS again.   Why on earth I would do that, I cannot imagine.

These dreams usually come just before I wake up and usually when I am late getting up.   I will dream they don't have enough lunch money or I can't find them, something silly like that.    One time I asked Connie if we ever didn't give them money for their lunches but she couldn't remember that happening.

I remember when we moved to Towanda I thought that was just the poorest of poor schools.  (Little did I know)    Ted's mother told me if we stayed there Kim would have one of the best teachers in the state - Trunella Trent.    Well, I figured there was NO way we were going to stay at that school. (We only lived in that school area for 8 years)    One day they had a dog show come and the kids were to bring 10 cents to see it.   I remember asking Kim if all the kids had their 10 cents and she said, "All but me,  I had 10 pennies".   Man, I was weird.

Last night I dreamed Ted, I, Connie and Mark were all going to start going together in the same car so we could save gas.  ????   We would take Ted to work, then I'd take the kids to school, then I'd go to work - which I never did until they were bigger.

Well, it turned into a disaster.  No one was ready when we needed to leave, Ted missed a business meeting and Mark was going to a business meeting that he didn't think he'd have a way home from that night.   FOR HEAVENS SAKE, ELLEN.    I feel like I'm loosing it. 

I'd like to say when I get home the dreams will be different but they really won't. 

4 comments:

  1. I think you are a little stressed out about something! Relax. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the nature of the beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you, Ellen, being able to remember your dreams-and with such detail! I sometimes wake up knowing I had just been dreaming, but can never remember what the dream was about-only the feelings it generated! And re:your not thinking what you "do there" is very "special"-it is indeed special, and important to many, many people, less fortunate than we are-and I admire your and Ted's generosity of time and energy, to do what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing so hard reading this!

    ReplyDelete