Friday, January 28, 2011

BOY CAN I SMELL A BARGAIN

I'm not a poet or an author or artist, but by golly I can shop.   One time I went to a garage sale for a swimming pool for Jill.   What I ended up buying was a Walnut Sideboard for $60 and eventually gave it to a daughter - AHEM.     She couldn't keep it so asked if I wanted it back but I had moved on by then too.     I think she made a pretty good profit on that little purchase.

Another time I was at a garage sale and got a practically new garage door opener for about $15.  

Yesterday I had some errands to run and needed a new coat for everyday.   Had seen a really nice coat last fall in a Peebles store in Lewisburg but it was $150 and knew that I wasn't going to pay that.   Figured if I waited I might get lucky and get it for $50 or maybe less but probably not much less.

So...yesterday I ran into the Peebles in Columbia and they had one of those coats left.   But...there was no price tag on it.   The clerk checked their computer and asked if I wanted it for $20, I nearly fainted.   Then when she rang it up it came up $14.95.   

My feet didn't even touch the ground getting to the car.  

1 comment: