Monday, January 31, 2011

WINTER OF MY LIFE

Saturday while we were in small groups we were asked to think about what season of our life we are in. 

Well, it didn't take one friend and I long to realize we are in the Winter of our lives.   But...we both agreed that's O.K.    We have pretty good health, have both had some rough spots in our lives (who hasn't) but all in all we had both had good lives.

I was interested to hear the others that are in the Summer of their lives talk of what they wanted to do from now on.   Goodness, when I was their age I didn't think of such things and it pleased me that these young (comparatively speaking) women had such plans and hopes, yet it saddened me a bit I had never thought much about it. 

One young woman is a new member to our Prayer Shawl group and she shared a  little of her life with us last Monday at Prayer Shawl meeting.   The new leader and I both had felt she had more to share and was very sad and very lonely.    We'd like to give her a prayer shawl but really didn't want to embarrass her.

However, Saturday she was in my small group and so much of the pain she's had over her life came out and I realized she really IS very sad and very lonely.   I have a feeling we will be having lunch with this young woman before too long and hope she feels safe enough to share some of her pain with Elaine and I.

2 comments:

  1. One of the things I love about our women's retreat is the multi-generational sharing. Usually the youngest woman is in her 20s and the eldest in her 70s. It is a joy to have small group discussions with women from every decade, we learn so much from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really do, don't we? AND have fun doing it too. :)

    ReplyDelete