Monday, January 10, 2011

NO TITLE

Could not think of any title for today.   My mind is going in 50 different directions.  

Since coming up to Normal about 10 days ago I've learned I really don't mind WINTER as much as I thought I did.   In fact I kind of like the brisk air we've had and even the little snow was beautiful.

I've loved being close to Kim and her kids.   We've never lived this close to Kim before and have not had a lot of time with Jeremiah and Sierra.   Short visits but this has been fun.  I've loved watching her and Ted banter at each other over silly things.   Memories being made here. 

And last week I lost another friend.   One that I could tell about anything to and know it was not going to go any further.   We grew up together and worked in a small restaurant in Vermont together.   She came to our house at the lake and brought two of her granddaughters with her and we had the best time.   They ADORED Ted and every time I turned around they asked, "WHERE IS TED?"    I reminded them of that at her funeral and we had a laugh.

I stayed at another friends house for a few days and we really grew up together.  She is a second cousin and when our schools were consolidated she was in my class.   That would of been in the year 1948.   She has had her own share of hurt and pain this past year having to put her husband of 56 years in a nursing home.  

Then the terrible shooting in Arizona.   Bob spoke of this Sunday in his reflection and said, "It makes no sense".   That's what keeps coming to my mind.   It doesn't make any sense.    What did this poor disturbed young man think would come from his actions?  

I am getting a feeling that their just might be something good come from all of this if that is possible.   At church we spoke of not jumping on the anger wagon and that this young man had parents that are in pain over his actions too.   Forgiveness of our enemies is on of my hardest lessons of life.   It's so easy to NOT LIKE someone that disagrees with us.  

I'm not getting any kind of message across here today but all these thoughts are rumbling around in my head.  If we could just LOVE ONE ANOTHER things might possible be different.  

I don't like bumper stickers.   I mean I REALLY don't want one on my car - EVER.   But I did put a sticker in my back window that reads,

"When the Power of Love is stronger than the Love of Power, then we will have PEACE.   I hope SOMETHING good comes from all this sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment