Monday, May 23, 2011

BIG WEEK-END


Well, the week-end started Wednesday with my birthday.   First thing we had a beautiful box of flowers delivered.   I was not about to leave them home so they were in the car when we left for Macomb on Thursday.  This is what they looked like when they arrived.


We drove to Illinois on Thursday and stopped at the Midwest Distribution Center in Chatam on our way. That's quite a place and I'm looking forward to working there if we ever get moved.

Arrived at Beverly and Kermit's Thursday.  Friday started out by meeting another friend, Donna for breakfast.   We giggled and laughed and Ted finally sent me home with her so he could have a break from us.

Then he picked me up and we grabbed a sandwich and went back to Beverly and Kermit's and she was getting ready for the other family members to come for dinner.

That was fun and I look forward to other family gatherings such as this only at my own house.  

Saturday we headed to Kim's and arrived in time to go see Jeremiah practice baseball.   He's got a good arm, that boy and someday I have a feeling he just might be a member of the Cub's baseball team.

Later that afternoon they went to stay with their dad for the evening and we rested awhile, then she took us to a really neat restaurant for dinner.  Medici is one of the new restaurants in "Uppity Town Normal" and the food was scrumptidelicious.    

Then we went to the old Normal theatre and saw The African Queen.   I know, Kim has already told you all of this but I wanted to refresh your memories.  

This morning Kim and I went shopping and I look forward to times of having dinner with her, going to the movies or a play and doing some shopping together.

It's been a fun week-end and tomorrow we head south again.   Hopefully someone will be sitting on our front porch waiting for us to get home so they can buy our house.

Thanks for my wonderful Birthday gifts.    I won't forget this birthday and won't ever celebrate 75 years again.  

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you the flowers came from Connie, Jim, and Benjamin. I LOVE getting flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great weekend! And for leaving me a couple of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete