Thursday, May 12, 2011

Little Green Animal

Yesterday afternoon I mopped my kitchen floor.   I don't do that very often.   This new floor just doesn't get as dirty as the old one and I hate wasting energy.

I put the mop outside the back door to let it dry and of course forgot it till this morning.   When I started out to paint the trim on the Dutch Barn I took the mop in the utility room to put away. 

Then I noticed SOMETHING had fallen onto the rug in there.  It's a varigated green rug and at first I didn't see anything, then I saw a little green toad.

I yelled for Ted.   Usually a toad doesn't bother me but for some reason I didn't want to pick this one up.   Well, he didn't want to BE picked up anyway.

Ted came out grumbling and we couldn't see it, then I saw it had gotten on the fire extinquisher and was headed behind the washer.   That was not what we had in mind.

Ted picked the extinguisher up and thought he'd just carry it outside but, like I said, that toad liked our green rug.

I was yelling afraid he'd get on me and Ted was trying to herd it out the door and I kept backing up laughing at the picture we were making.   I wished like everything I'd of had my camera and knew how to do a video.  It might of won us $10,000 on FHV's if we could of gotten it.

Two old people - one chasing a toad that was leaking some green liquid on the rug and Ted. The other old person  BEING chased by it.   What is this world coming to?

That little green toad is somewhere in our garage probably still looking for the pretty green rug.

1 comment: