Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BIRTHDAY

Yes, it's my birthday.    I'm an OLD woman today as someone reminded me this morning at 6:40 when she called.

You see I have these two friends.   We've been friends for YEARS.  We were ornery in school but think as we get older it gets worse.

This particular one sent me two cards.   One was a very nice HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY, the other one was a musical card that didn't work when I opened it.    I called her to chide her and when she answered I got to laughing so hard I couldn't talk.    She knew it was me and said, "I guess you got my card"    I told her the least she could of done was not send some damed old thing that was worn out.   WE both had a good laugh.   SO...this morning when she called she tried to sing Happy Birthday and then here came this terrible music from one of those cards.   What a friend.

Well, then I tried to get on the Internet.   It has been a problem lately with so much rain.   Out here in the boonies we have different kinds of challenges.

I called our provider at 8 a.m. and told them we thought we needed a new modem but of course we had to check everything out  -  a couple of times before they actually sent a guy with one.

So...I'm back on line and happy to be there and see everyone's wishes.

We leave in the morning for Macomb, IL and will see the friend that sent the old broken card, a niece from Missouri and several other family members.   Then Saturday we go to Kim's and hope to get to see Jeremiah play some ball.   I have a feeling someday he will be a pitcher for a pro baseball team.   I will be watching from another place but you can be sure I'll be watching.

Tonight neighbors are taking us to dinner so it's going to be a good day after all.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday (again, late this time), and I hope you are having a wonderful time visiting! I hope to see you in there somewhere! (Or I would have, but was taken up in The Rapture. Really good Internet service here!)

    ReplyDelete