Monday, May 2, 2011

LIFE IS GOOD

It's Monday and many of you go to work today but these old retired people kind of keep the same routine most days of the week.

Had a big old garage sale this past week-end and got rid of many TREASURES.   I'm so glad so many came and took them away.   Now we will make work for some people at Good Will this week with what was left.

The news on my computer this morning is:    Bin Laden dead.   Goodness, I can only hope this is true.   I know, we aren't supposed to wish anyone dead but God knows I do.  

I can only hope this really is true this time.    Would this mean our men and women could come home?  Deep in my heart I know that's not going to happen right now but maybe they can come sooner than we had scheduled.  That would be WONDERFUL news.

And...on my computer this morning I also had a note from a niece in MN that she and her family WILL be able to attend our family reunion this summer after all.   That was just the most wonderful news to this old woman's heart.

Her dad, my brother, and I had always tried to get all our kids together but for various reasons we just never quite managed it.   SO...if the Good Lord's willing and the crick don't rise (that's not funny down here right now) come July 15/16 we will have a PARTY.

LIFE IS GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment