Saturday, May 28, 2011

SURPRISE, SURPRISE

Some of you know that I have been trying to get on to Blog all week with NO luck.  I couldn't even comment on anyone else's blog.   Connie has spent a lot of time this week trying to help me but nothing seemed to work.

I decided this morning I'd try just for the heck of it and WALLA, here I am.   Aren't you all thrilled?   HA HA

ANYWAY...I wanted to comment on Kim's blogs.  She probably spent too much time with Dad and I on Monday and had extra work to do Tuesday.   I did NOT take her camera either.   I wouldn't know how to work it if I had.   New fangled technology and I DO NOT get along.   I'm glad she found it and could send pictures of the bat in the new hat and Jeremiah pitching ball.   I have no doubt that boy will be a pro one of these days.

Now, I also had something I wanted to comment on.   I just had my birthday and two dear friends gave me a subscription to the Newspaper from Astoria, Illinois.   It's the nearest one to our home towns anymore.  We used to have a great Newspaper in Vermont but many years ago it folded.

This paper has all the local news.   Babies born, all the pictures of every graduate, every prom picture, notices of breakfast clubs around the area and one section that I particularly like - "A Step Back In Time".
This is more my speed these days.

Last week I received my very first paper and enjoyed reading all the local gossip.  Oh yes, it also has all the obituaries in so they don't have to cut them out and mail them to me anymore.

In the Step Back column I saw that 90 years ago on my birthday, that would of been May 18, 1921, a big change was made in womens attire.   You see before that date they had not been allowed to be seen in public without having their ears covered.   But after that date they could go out and show off their beautiful ears.   I was thrilled that someone in the inner circles of style made this change. 

This week I noticed they also have pictures of the most wanted in Fulton County.  I have to tell you some of them look pretty rough.   One was wanted for sexual abuse.   Man, she was a tough looking character.

I'll keep you posted on all the exciting news now that I have my very own subscription. 

No comments:

Post a Comment