Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I'm not sure just why we have a Mother's Day.    Sometimes I think it's a reason for the retaliers to make more money.   One time I heard a minister say the average mother had over $70 spent on her.   I almost vomited.

Mother's Day is every day of a life of a woman that takes care of a child in my book.   Every time I hear one of my children having a problem with one of their children I silently think, This is Why We Have Mother's Day".  

I was not a particularly good mother.   I don't mean I didn't love my kids, I did and still do.   I just never handled things the way I probably should of.   BUT...by the grace of God and their own strong will they have all grown up to be pretty neat people.  I'm proud of all of them and see special qualities in each one. 

SO...Happy Mother's Day to ya' all.   Even Mark.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I forgot the best Mother's Day present ever. I'd give a pretty nickle for the plastic donkey pulling the plastic cart full of plastic flowers. Man, I earned a big Mother's Day for that one. And to think your dad said he thought you should get me real flowers but you and Jill said we had a yard full of them. SMILE!!!

    ReplyDelete