Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CONNIE LOU IS 42

Gosh, I cannot believe you are 42 today, Connie.  You came the night before Mother's Day.   What a gift you were.

You never had to cry because when you would wake up either Kim or Jill were right there waiting to get you out of the bed. 

So many memories of fun times come to mind.   The time we had put the new carpet down in the basement and you three girls had gotten up early Saturday morning to go play on it.  They said we couldn't walk on it for 24 hours and you were all waiting to get on that pretty ORANGE SHAG carpet.

You all came into our bedroom and your hair was sticking straight out from your head.   Kim said, "Don't touch her" - you had so much static electricity in you we could of made toast.

Then just before I had Mark we went to the mall one morning very early to get Deanne a graduation present.  You got behind the counter of in a jewlery store where we were looking at music boxes.   All of a sudden you were gone.   All three of us were frantic.  Then I told Kim and Jill to go find the nearest gum ball machine and there you were.   Man, you loved those machines.

And the time I took you to town and you told some lady you were going to get her Bee Wee's and she thought you were cute.   I had to turn around and when I looked back you were washing your arm pits from the fountain.

You and Jill were just like a couple of clowns.   I used to threaten to put you in a cage and haul you to town behind the car.   The time on the way home from Audrey's wedding and you two took the netting from the rice bags and stuck them under your nose and made faces at cars as we drove by.  

At my very first Parent/Teacher Conference your kindergarten teacher could only say "She doesn't color inside the lines" and I told her I hoped you never did.   Sometimes I  was kind of sorry for saying that.  :)

Happy Birthday, Connie - I hope you NEVER color inside the lines.  Love you girl.

1 comment: