Sunday, June 13, 2010

COUNTRY MUSIC

I am usually very happy where we live.    Tennessee was like coming home to me when we moved here some 25 years ago.   Has it really been that long? 

BUT...this week we have had the big Music gathering downtown Nashville and all the big names are there.  The year we moved here it was at the old fairgrounds and tickets were not to be had or I'd of probably been out there dragging Connie and Mark along to see whomever we could.   I loved being around all the big stars and made them stand in line four hours (FOUR HOURS) to get an autograph of Barbara Mandrell.   I almost hate to admit that.  

I remember the time I went to the Post Office and Eddie Arnold was there.   I probably fell over my own feet trying to get to my car.   I told Ted I'd seen him and he told me he thought I was dreaming stuff up but a neighbor confirmed that it probably was as his office was there in Brentwood.

Then there is BONNEROO in Manchester this whole week-end.   That's in a FIELD with a big stage and people go for the whole week-end.   I guess some take tents but a good many just sleep wherever they can.
Sounds terrible to me now.

Now if Willie Nelson was there I'd be there with all the rest of them even though we have seen him twice.   If he's "ON" his music he can't be beaten.    Like him or not, he plays a good guitar.

Ellen

2 comments: