Monday, June 7, 2010

Prayer Shawls for Fallen Soldiers

I have three Prayer Shawls to send to Dover Air Force Base this week.   They will be given to families of Fallen Soldiers at the Dignified Transfer of the Bodies.

They asked that we write a short note to put in with them.   What on earth could I write that would ease the pain of a mother, wife or father that has lost a daughter or son or husband? 

I guess I send our loving concern for them and tell them we hope they feel the love that went into making these shawls and know we are praying for them. 

What I really want to say is I hate this war - any war.   They are just so useless and disgusting to me.   I don't understand how we can send our young men and women across this globe to fight while we drive our cars as fast as we can and drink the bottled water and use all the plastic bags we can.   I'm not throwing stones, I'm as guilty as anyone of all of the above.   I wish we would bring ALL our service people home FOREVER.

Didn't mean to get on my soapbox but guess I did.

Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment