Sunday, June 6, 2010

EMPTY HOUSE

Well, Kim and the kids pulled out about 5:30.  It didn't take long to feel the emptiness.    Ted's mom used to say "I'm always glad to see you come, and I'm always glad to see you leave".    I usually feel that way too but this time I wished they didn't live so far away.

All our grandkids are growing up.   Meagan has graduated from High School.    Sam (14) wants a job.  Jordan (10) is flying here from Virginia by herself this year.    Benjamin is growing up as are Jeremiah and Sierra.  

So...our role as grandparents is changing.   We aren't sure just how this will play out but there is a change in the air.    I'm not even sure we like this new role.   I always LOVED having a baby around.

I just realized two of Jim's kids have babies. AND...Dorothy has twin girls that are two.     HMMMMM

Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment