Wednesday, September 15, 2010

CAR REPAIRS

Yesterday I got up early, walked, did my exercises and had a list of things to do because we have a housefull of company coming Friday and today we go to Winchester to the dentist.  

My first item to get done was groceries.   I was in the middle of making an ice cream dessert and was out of vanilla ice cream.  

As I drove out of the garage I noticed two lights on the dash shining in my face that didn't look right.   Decided Ted needed to see why they wouldn't go off.   We figured since I was going to be close to the GMC Garage might as well go see what they could tell me.

I walked in and the shop manager, Freddie, said it would take about an hour to run the diagnostic test.   I have no idea what they do but it sounds like maybe a quick physical for a car.   Now this guy was a nice man.   He wasn't FAST FREDDIE that I had heard about years ago in Illinois. 

 One of my friends had a daughter in collage at University of Illinois where our daughter went and had been invited to Champaign to see FAST FREDDIE.   I never was invited to see FAST FREDDIE and wasn't sure I wanted to be since I wasn't really into that kind of entertainment, but when I saw this man the memory of not being invited to see FAST FREDDIE crossed my mind.

After waiting the alloted hour here came Freddie with paper in hand and sat down beside me.   I said, "You look like the Dr. bringing the patient bad news".    He kind of laughed and said, yea, he guessed that was what he did.

He told me the test showed that the ABS or something wasn't working right and needed to be replaced RIGHT AWAY.  It would cost $456??? and he could have it done by noon.   (Wish I could get MY ABS back in shape in a couple of hours)

I never trust shop repairmen so called Ted and had Freddie tell him.   It was decided that we would leave the car, Ted would take me to grocery shop and we'd see what the status of the car was after that.  When we finished groceries the part still wasn't in the shop so we came home.

The dessert was finished, lunch was eaten, noon came and went but still no call about our car.   Finally at 2:30 we were called to come get the car.

One of the things on my list was to wash and clean my car but of course I never got to that but when I walked up to the car it had been washed, cleaned inside and the tires looked like they had been waxed.  Now I don't think Freddie did this or how fast he would of accomplished it if he had but Freddie is an O.K. guy in my book.

1 comment:

  1. After checking on several dealership for prices
    a few months ago, I beleive Freddie has the right parts;

    ReplyDelete