Thursday, September 2, 2010

HAIR CUT

This Monday I called the gal that cuts our hair here in Chapel Hill to see if I could get a haircut sometime before we leave next week for the class reunion.    She asked where I'd been, said she was closing her shop out here and going to Cool Springs in Franklin.    Now that's 30+ miles from here so I know I won't be going up very often but was going to have lunch with Connie yesterday anyway so made an appt.

It's a really nice salon and I figured the price would go up some - that was the whole reason for Kim (our beautician) to go as she's a single parent and has several children to support.

ANYWAY...got in there and she shampood me and we had a nice visit.   I gave her her tip before we left the chair and she walked me to the front desk.    I asked how much and the girl behind the counter said (we need a drum roll here - snare, tympany, maybe a symbol clash or two)   "$50"    I said, "WHAT?"   And she told me again.

I turned around but Kim was off talking to someone else so I paid and left.

I cannot believe ANYONE charges that kind of money for a haircut that took maybe 20 minutes. 

AND...I sent Kim a nice email explaining why I would NOT be coming back.  

1 comment:

  1. I pay $25 for my hair cuts and they charge $5 to wash it. I really like the way this girl cuts my hair, so it's worth it to me, but I'd be hard pressed to spend more, especially $50 for a hair cut. UGH!

    ReplyDelete