Monday, August 30, 2010

HUMMINGBIRDS

Well, these hummingbirds are just going crazy.   It seems like Ted fills the feeder and I have to make more food.   Our back yard looked like we had some good sized insects flying all over it yesterday.   AND my kitchen window needs to be washed every day.   It doesn't GET washed every day but needs it.

We have one male hummingbird that controls one feeder.   It hangs out inside an arbour we have and we plant hummingbird vine on the arbour so if we are gone they will still have some food.

Well, this male wasn't letting ANY other bird on that feeder OR the vine.   I finally couldn't stand it so thought I'd go take a hand at this.   Didn't intend to hurt him or anything - they are way too beautiful for that - but this male was tooooooooooooooooooo controlling.

So off I go out the back door.    The birds pretty much ignore us but when he saw me coming he did take off.    I stook there waiting for the females to come drink when SOMETHING came VERY close to the back of my head.    YUP...there he went.    He was going to let this old woman know who was really boss in the back yard so I let him.    HE didn't touch my hair but dive bombed very close to it.

I should know better than to mess with nature.   I finally decided those silly females needed to take a class in LIBERATED WOMANHOOD and teach that male a thing or two but THEY have to decide that for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment