Thursday, August 5, 2010

MOVIE

We watched a movie the other night with Andy Griffith in it called "A Face In the Crowd"    I had seen a documentary about him and never had seen this one. 

IT started out pretty good.   Several big name stars were in it.   One was particularly interesting - Walter Matthau (I know that spelling isn't right, sorry).    I didn't recognize him when the movie started but he was very young and even handsome.

Well, the movie went downhill pretty quick.   We did watch it all but glad he didn't continue making that kind of stuff.  

Walter is one of my favorite actors.    He was above and beyond great in Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men.    Two of my favorite movies.

I saw Walter in person one time in Chicago.   He and Dan Daily (my screen love) did "The Odd Couple".  I was there for a PTA Convention (of all things) and a couple of friends and I went to see the play.   I LOVED Dan Daily.   He could dance all night.

After the play one of the friends said, "let's go see if we can get backstage and see him".    I didn't think they would let us in but by gosh they did.    He was very tired and probably had had a good stiff drink or two by the time we got in there but he was so sweet and kind and made me feel good that I hadn't picked a read nerd to idolize as a girl.

My feet hardly touched the street on the way back to our hotel that night.

More musings from this Old Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment