Saturday, August 28, 2010

CRAZY NEIGHBOR

I was sitting at my sewing machine putting the binding on a quilt I've been trying to finish when someone shot a rifle - way too close to the houses in our neighborhood.   

We have this one neighbor that is really harmless, a little crazy at times, but basically he really is a good neighbor.    HE used to drink a lot but guess he quit that and started going to church with his wife.   That's always a good sign, right?

He's a hunter and my first thought was he shot a snake.   That would of been fine with me since two rattle snakes were found in our neighborhood last summer.

BUT...the shots are continuing and it sounds like he's shooting into an old fashioned wash tub or something metal.    Hope he didn't get angry at his truck.  

He's the guy that had the two hens and a rooster one year.   They were just beautiful - all brilliant colors of green, wine, and white. They were also illegal to have them in our neighborhood.    The rooster used to wake us up and I kind of liked hearing that but then that same rooster thought he could herd me around my own yard.    WRONG.    AND...that very same rooster came over to our house one day and was brazen enough to walk up the front walk and THOUGHT he was coming up on my front porch - WRONG AGAIN.

I called this neighbor and told him his chickens were beautiful but if they shit on my front porch we'd be having chicken and dumplings for supper.    He said, "I hear you" and the chickens disappeared.

I suppose later today Ted will wander over there and find out what was going on.   Not to worry for our safety.   I'm huddled in my house safe and sound and whatever he's doing he will finish soon.

2 comments: