Sunday, August 22, 2010

KATRINA

We just finished watching Dateline with Brian Williams and 5 years after Katrina.   It was quite a program.  There were many things shown that I never saw at the time this was news.   I am exhausted, sad, and angry.

I cannot believe we did not have SOMEONE in our government that could help these people.     Many had no way out, no transportation and none was provided.

To see all the one's that died and the unbelievable filth in the Super Dome was just unbelievable.   This is America, Land of The Free, Home of The Brave.    Where were we?

Toward the end of the program Brian was talking to Michael Brown, at that time Fema Director.   I could not help but wonder HOW he got that job and what he had been doing.    Then here comes good old George W stumbling along telling everyone they are doing a good job.   When he said, "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie" to Michael Brown I wanted to spit.   I hope they were both watching. 

New Orleans IS coming back.   Some parts never will and some people did not either.    I cannot imagine living through that HELL.    I have to say I'll look at New Orleans a bit different after seeing this program.

Let's NOT ever let something like this happen again.    We ARE AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE, AND HOME OF THE BRAVE.  

Musings from an ANGRY old woman tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment