Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BIRD MIGRATION

Well, I don't know that we have other birds migrating through Tennessee (I expect we do) but the Hummingbirds have begun traveling SOUTH - by the DROVES (whatever that is)

I have had feeders up since the beginning of April and had to fill them maybe every 3 to 4 days.   Now I'm having to fill them twice a day.    I've increased the amt. of sugar they get for their long flight and THEY LOVE IT.

I LOVE watching these little monsters.   They are the most beautiful, graceful, dainty, mean, viscious, bird alive I do believe.   Some of them early on this year looked like they had been through a hurricane.   Very thin and ruffled feathers.

When we lived at the lake we had our bird feeders on wires from the deck railing out to the trees.  This was wonderful.   We could sit on our deck and watch them and sometimes you would see them preen themselves.

I hate to think of them not being here but they will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment