Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just Thoughts

Took Mark, Jordan, and Suzette to the airport a little while ago.   Hate to see them go but they have their own lives.   Mark and Suzette are not married anymore but very good friends and that's good for Jordan.  She had a good time but she's ready to go home.   We'll miss her but we, too, have lots of things to be doing.

I always hate it when one of my kids leave after a visit.   The house seems so big and empty and lonely.   It's crazy when they are here as our house is not very big but we seem to have a good time.   I would NOT want any of them to move home - not that I don't love them but they are all adult now and have their own way of doing things that I would not want around me ALL the time.   I, too, am sure I'd do things that they wouldn't want around them ALL the time.

It is still an empty feeling for awhile after they leave.  

When I got home Ted said he had called his brother and more or less cancelled the trip to South Dakota this month.    I think Ted needs to see his brother but maybe he will decide to go out later on the train.   He won't fly and doesn't feel like he wants to drive all the way to Seattle alone and I'm not able to ride that far right now.

SO...we are home most of August and had thought we'd be gone a good bit of it.    I'm not sorry.   I have a lot of things to do here and now will have time.   Our whole year seems like we have been in a hurry and glad for a breather.

End of a good visit with a red headed granddaughter and a short visit with Mark.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys got to have a good visit, but I know you hate to see them go.

    ReplyDelete