Saturday, August 13, 2011

MODERN TECHNOLOGY

As I was walking this morning I got to thinking of all the wonderful things we enjoy in our lives.   I'm not very good with new technology but cannot imagine living without a computer now and email and all we can do with those.

I just "chatted"  with our friends from Australia.   My heavens, that seems impossible when I stop and think about it.   I can chat with friends in Ill, Ind, VA, all over and not have to pay a cent extra.   That  probably won't last forever.

And...I remember when we got our first computer.    Someone I knew had a printer.  I remember us talking about how nice that would be "now and then" but we really didn't think we would use one much.   HA!    Mine broke this week but since it's only a year old and I bought a 3 yr warranty I get a new one after my paper works arrives.    I can't print it off the computer so they are sending it snail mail.  

I print pictures of all the things I make on mine and have pictures of a quilt, and two dresses for little girls in Africa waiting to be printed.    This saves me a trip to town to get them printed off my camera, much less whatever that costs. 

We live in a wonderful age.   I love it.  I just don't think we appreciate it sometimes like we should.   I know I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment