Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SHORTER DAYS

I know, the days are not getting shorter but our daylight hours are.   I LOVE to walk early in the morning before anyone else is up and out.  No cars coming over the small hills we have here - most of them drive in the middle of the road and go faster than they should in a small sub-division like ours. 

For several weeks I was able to leave our front door at 5:45, then a little later, now it's after 6 before daylight dawns and I can walk.

We have tall phlox beside our front step nd this beautiful black butterfly is there quite often in the afternoon.  The other day I decided he needed to be in a blog but he left when he saw me.  

I went out back to the deck and there he was, after the necter of a scraggly old verbena.  It must of tasted good for he stayed quite awhile.

We have a neighbor with a magnolia tree.   I think they are beautiful but a little too southern for me.   They bloom in the early summer but this one is blooming now.  I also have some creeping phlox poking their dainty blooms up when they are usually an early Spring bloomer.  I like them all - anytime they want to come visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment