Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FUN, OH MY, I AM GETTING OLD

Yesterday was fun.    We kind of hung out in the morning, then found a neighbor that let us use their pool.   (Sorry Kim) They have a little boy about Benjamin's age and a daughter older.   SO...the three of us went down for an hour yesterday afternoon.

But..first I learned that I'm not the ONLY person that can make egg salad.   We had kind of planned that for lunch yesterday and Jordan and Benjamin were flying Grandad's plane so I asked her if she wanted me to go ahead and make it.   She said, "Do you know how?"    Ted and I both had to laugh at that one.

After our swim we got home and decided to make some brownies.   Grandad had just finished mowing and so we got everything out, and the recipe I wanted to use called for 1 cup of coffee.   Well, Jordan wasn't sure she wanted that in it but we finally convinced her you couldn't taste it. 

After only getting flustered once and pulling the beaters out of the mix while they were running (I did that), the brownies were in the oven and a wild game of UNO Attack was on the agenda.   Then a wilder game of aggrivation and I have to say I can't win anything anymore.  

The Wii is my friend this week and Jordan brought a couple of new games so Benjamin has enjoyed that.   SO much that we called Connie to see if he could stay another night.    YEA!!!   HE doesn't have to go home now till Wednesday afternoon. 

Finally about 7:30 I told them at 8 p.m. we were all going to get our P.J.'s on and read Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer or whatever it is.    Jordan didn't want any part of it and Benjamin didn't think he did either.  They both wanted to read the same WIMPY KID book.

BUT...I had my mind made up and so I DID win that game.    HA!!!!!!

I told them we'd read one chapter and if they didn't like it at all they didn't have to hear any more.   SO...at 8:30 they were both ready to go to bed and I asked if anyone liked it and miracle of miracles, both did.   Jordan would just like to know what he does to become a REAL lawyer (I think that means read the last chapter RIGHT NOW) and Benjamin just likes the book.    I'm hoping this is part of a series.

Time for this OLD WOMAN to pay some bills.

We are going to the river today and take our lunch.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! Jeremiah and Sierra liked reading Theodore Boone outloud together with me at bedtime, too. Now we are reading a book called "How to Steal A Dog" that I got from the library.

    Have fun at the river today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? granddad has a plane? you belong to chris united methodist church? who is chris?

    ReplyDelete