Monday, July 5, 2010

I HAVE NO TROUBLES

Yesterday we had a new minister come and he preached for the first time.   He said his wife was very sorry she couldn't be there but their little girl (Becca) is in Vanderbilt.

Later I learned that Becca weighed 13 oz. at birth.   She's the smallest baby to survive in the state of Tennessee.  

Last night a good friend sent me the mother's blog so I just read about Becca.  This is truly an amizing couple with just the most amaizing little girl.    Having had two grandchildren born early I had a little idea of what this couple had gone through but when I read the blog I realized I knew NOTHING.  

I heard a lady speak at a church one time that told us she was just this tiny of a baby when she was born.   The Dr.'s told her mother and father they didn't think she would live.    Then she said the most amaizing thing.   She said, "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to live"   so I did.   I've thought of that a lot over the years and how these children are born fighters or they wouldn't make it.

One time there was a secretary where I worked that had a premie born.   When he got big enough she put him in a day care and he had a lot of social problems.   One time they told her she would have to take him out as he bit another child too bad for them to keep him.    She was writing notes to the other parents apologizing to them and I couldn't stop laughing.   She got a little upset with me and I said, "You know, I understand how you feel, but if your little guy wasn't a fighter he wouldn't be here".    When all the facts were learned he had been treated very badly by the other boy because he was so small.   

So...today I have NO TROUBLES and hope I can keep that thought.

Ellen

3 comments:

  1. "I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." (Can't attribute the quote, sorry, but I think of it often.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven Wright said, "I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So I said, 'Got any shoes you're not using?'

    Okay, I know. I am going to hell. I just couldn't resist. Especially after "Theodore" commented on my blog the other day, about drinking by some pool. Where IS this pool, I need to find it!

    ReplyDelete