Saturday, July 3, 2010

RODEO IN CHURCH

I thought I had seen everything here in the south.    Mules Days in Columbia and Fainting Goats in Lewisburg but the news last night had a new one.

A RODEO IN A CHURCH SANCTUARY.   I couldn't beleive it.   This is a big church in Nashville and they showed the actual place where the Rodeo takes place.    They interviewed the minister and he said they tried every year to do something at their church to make the people more aware of what is going on around them.     This year  they felt there is so much BULL in our government AND churches that this was the most obvious way to make their point.

Well, first of all, I don't like RODEO'S  - PERIOD.    I think it's terrible they are allowed to hold them and treat these animals this way.   AND, second, a good sermon could certainly make the point better - to me anyway.

I guess they had to turn people away Friday night to get tickets so I must be getting old.

Ellen

2 comments: