Sunday, July 25, 2010

HEAVY HEART

I went to church this morning with a heavy heart.   I didn't even know if I could stay the whole service but really needed to be in church.

We have a new minister and he is good.   The sermon was on Martha and Mary.   Now I'm a Martha from the word go.   I don't LIKE that about myself, but as he preached I sat there and realized so many times a clean house was SO IMPORTANT to me.   One minister even told me one time he thought I thought things were O.K.  if I had my yard mowed and a clean house.     My mother, however, could of cared less and when I was in high school I was almost ashamed of our house it was so dirty.   But...by golly she always had time to visit.

This morning I was having a hard time to keep from crying and if I had not had Jordan with me I probably would of broken down.   BUT...I did not want her to see me that way nor cause a commotion.   I kept wishing I could go to the alter, get on my knees and GIVE ALL THIS TO GOD.

Then I looked at the bulletin and by golly, this minister HAD AN ALTER CALL.   I think those of you that know me know I'm not a HOLY ROLLER kind but I DO like going to the alter after communion and a few other times during the year.   Well, this was just what I needed and I left a lot of my pain there today.

Prayer DOES work and GOD does carry our burdens.    Sorry if I've turned some of you off.   Don't mean to but I FEEL GREAT.   SO GOOD I just had to write a blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment