Thursday, October 28, 2010

ALL SAINTS SUNDAY

Just got back from our weekly Vesper service.   It was nice but the best part of this one was the minister that served communion.    He spoke about Holidays and how many important Holidays are overlooked.

This Sunday is ALL SAINTS DAY and he asked us to close our eyes and think of the people that had touched our lives or ones that touch our lives now that have made a difference.   I remember one time at Brentwood United Methodist Church on All Saints Day they read the name of people that had died during the last year and when a man's name was read that had helped with the Youth, the whole Youth Choir (123 members) stood up.    The minister was rather new and he couldn't believe his eyes.

I ALWAYS think of my Aunt Ruth and my Mom when this day rolls around.  Another one is Aileen Forster for she helped me start on my Faith Journey many years ago.

BUT...I think of people in my life now that make a difference to me and the list is just TOOOOOOOO long to even try and mention here.    I think most of you know who you are.   Many will never read this blog but I think they know they touch my life in one way or another.

I've been so blessed over the years to have a good many very good friends.   And I hope my family knows how important they are to me and what they mean to me-everyone of you.

I guess this is where Benjamin would say "CUT THE SAUCE, GRAMMA"

3 comments:

  1. That is a very sweet sauce you got there, fine lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, mom! Benjamin told us to "hold the sauce" last night as he went to get something from his room! :D

    ReplyDelete