Saturday, October 9, 2010

THIS YEAR IN 1957

After a little research on the handy-dandy Internet I learned that this day in History:

Lester Bowles Pearson, Canada, received the Nobel Peach Prize
Hank Aaron was named National League's MVP
Mickey Mantle was playing his best with 121 runs and 146 walks
Willie Mays toped the National League with 20 tripples and 38 steals
Betty Friedan, bless her, was headline news
The Edsel was named the MOST NOTORIOUS bomb out of Dearborn, MI
Theodor Seuss Geisel, "DR SEUSS" let the first Cat (in the Hat) out of the book covers
It is the birthday of John Lennon

AND

(a drum roll here please)

KIM TINGLEY was born in Mt. Carmel, Illinois

Happy Birthday, daughter.   I hope it's a great one.   Maybe next year we'll be there.

Love you,  mom

4 comments:

  1. John Lennon would have been 70 today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word I had to type to post my last comment was "pexts" which I will now define as "writings about chest muscles"

    ReplyDelete