Friday, October 15, 2010

SEWING ROOM 3

Yesterday we went over to the cafateria for breakfast and people were standing around outside.   We wondered if there was a strike or something.   Found out the girl that was to cook breakfast never showed up.    She's a single mom with three teen agers and we all wondered what happened.   Someone called her and apparently her electricity was off and she overslept.

All was well.   Breakfast was just a bit later and the coffee people made STRONG coffee I guess and everyone was happy.

I had not been looking forward to a whole day in the sewing room with MOTHER HEN but when we got there and everyone was working I thanked them for being so nice about breakfast being late.   Told them she was a really nice lady and had three teen agers to raise herself and was not the kind to do this on purpose.

Everyone said they certainly understood and these things happen.  I was so pleased there wasn't someone complaining.   Well, the day went UP from there and MOTHER HEN and I got to talking and I found out she is a nurse and has been in Africa several times on missions.   She's really very interesting to talk to and before the day was over the whole group was laughing and joking.

Someone came in telling us the pocket on the bag needed to match the handles and we told them to go back and pack school kits and enjoy it.   Then one of the ladies said she'd really like to have one of those bags and I told her if she spent 3 years in Armenia she could get one.

SO...I learned a good lesson.   CHILL OUT, get to know the people a little better, and make our work fun.  There's a lot of sadness and hurt in this world and if we can laugh it makes life just a bit easier.

3 comments:

  1. "Kill them with kindness" is something I remember you teaching me. :D I'm glad things have improved in the hen house...I mean sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are right, Connie. I had forgotten that. That's funny - hen house. HA HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete