Sunday, October 3, 2010

I LOVE OLD CARS

We started for Louisiana yesterday about 7:30 and the trip was great.   Perfect weather and saw LOTS of Tennessee families going south to a ball game that UT lost of their own stupidity.   Sorry, they do know how to count at UT I'm assuming.

We stopped at a rest area for lunch and as we sat down I noticed an old roadster coming in.   Man, it was a beauty.   Little fancy lady on the very front and a light blue.   Just a neat car.   But when we looked for it again, there was a bright RED, 1964 Chevrolet Impala Convertible in front of it.

I could hardly eat for wanting to go see that car.    We had a 1964 car in 1968, 69, and 70 and beyond.   It was a GREAT car.   Easiest car you ever drove and a trunk that would hold half an army.  

In 1970 we were getting ready to go to California for vacation but our car did not have airconditioning.   We began to worry about driving in the heat and started looking for a different car.   Money was tight in those days and we just couldn't see having car payments for a couple of years because of a three week vacation.  SO...Ted had an airconditioner put in that car.   IT was HEAVEN and we'd forget we even had it sometimes till I began to complain about being hot.

Well, after we ate I went over to see if the guy would sell that car to me.   I was teasing and he knew it.  HE was pretty proud, as well he should be.   He had the hood up and that engine was cleaner than my kitchen.  It shown like a new penny.  

The interior was black leather and I slobbered all over it.  His wife said it was a piece of scrap metal when he bought it. 

I have a whole other story on cars we've had that were WONDERFUL but will save that.

I do love old cars and if any of you really want to get me something nice for my birthday you could get me a car JUST LIKE THAT 1964 CHEVROLET CONVERTIBLE.

1 comment: