Saturday, October 16, 2010

Whatever Happened to Slap Stick Comdey?

Sitting here tonight very B O R E D and thought I'd pull up the Flip Wilson video Kim had on a few days ago, "THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT".    Then I noticed a Goldie Hawn one and she was another silly slap stick comedian that cracks me up.

Then I saw Lilly Tomlin.   Now that lady was the best.   She could walk on a set and I'd start to giggle.   Kind of like Ted when we went to see Victor Borge.   Victor Borge walked on stage when we went to see him and Ted laughed for an hour and fourty five minutes.

Red Skelton could get me laughing too.   He and his CLEM KIDDLEHOPPER.   We used to watch Laugh-In and to me that was one of the funniest shows on T.V

I think Bill Cosby was the best though.   We saw him in Nashville one time and I always think of Mark doing his Dentist visit routine.   One time when Kim and Jill were pretty young Bill Cosby had a T.V. show on while I was gone to a meeting and Ted and the girls taped it for me on recorder we had.   I could not see it, only hear it.   I laughed so hard thinking of the characters he portrayed; his dad and brother in the Turtle Heads In Your Bed story.    Then later it was on T.V. and I didn't think it was near as funny as what I had imagined in my head.

Whatever happened to make them disappear?   Too bad.  

2 comments:

  1. All these people make me crack up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched Victor Borge on PBS a few weeks ago and I laughed until I cried! Very funny man!

    ReplyDelete