Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day Two of the Aussie Visit

Well, we have a talker here.   He can even outtalk me and that's something.   The only other person we ever knew that could wear that label was my brother, Jim.

Ian loves to talk and I do like to hear the accent but sometimes he is a little difficult to understand.  

ANYWAY...we decided to go to Bell Buckle  yesterday.  This is a little town that could of ended up a ghost town but someone had foresight and they now have two blocks of shops and restaurants.   We used to go there a lot when we lived at Winchester.   The shops have all changed and the quilting store is gone but they have a couple of new shops that were really dangerous for me to go into.   I could of bought a LOT of things in one, but didn't.

Their restaurant has gotten bigger with a whole new room added on and the food was good.

Then we headed to Shelbyville to visit a Stable.   Stable's in Tennessee are a sight to behold.   The first time we visited this particular one I felt my house was not as good as their stable.  We were hoping yesterday to see some new walking horse colts but couldn't even find anyone around to let us see any of the horses.

Our route was new to Ted and I and we saw some of the most beautiful scenery in Tennessee so at least they got a glimpse of that.

Today we go to the Jack Daniels Distillary and then to Miss Mary BoBo's Boarding House for lunch.  That is an experience in itself.

More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment